Discover the beautiful region of South Cambodia
Kampot is a quiet small town but you would be surprised by the richness of the city and its beautiful surroundings.
Here are some ideas of how you can spend few days in Kampot:
- Visit the nearby fish market in the early morning
- Go to Trey Kho (Fishermen Island) and discover this gem, just on the other side of the river. Visit the salt fields, the Pagoda and if you’re there around 5.00PM, you can see the departure of the fishermen’s boats, not to mention the wonderful sunset
- Take a ride to the Bokor National Park and spend the day in the fresh air
- Enjoy the cruises on the river
- Do some exercises: yoga, paddle, kayak, climbing, river water sports, …
- Take a picnic and enjoy the Teuk Chhou Rapids
- Visit a pepper plantation and taste the best pepper in the world!
- Stroll in the old market area and admire the beautiful colonial buildings
- Visit the local colorful Kampot market
- Rent a motorbike and get yourself lost in the wonderful countryside
- Treat yourself with some culture in one of the art studio, galleries, pop-up galleries, museum or bookstore
- Enjoy the fun of the night market (in town) and the Bokor Night market (along the river)